Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fashion and Art

March 2010 is a great opportunity to support an up and coming Red Deer artist. Gallery IS will be hosting the first solo exhibit by Valerie Turbak.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Fashion Becomes Art" is an opportunity to see the unique vision of this multi-disiplinary artist. Valerie uses the art of screen printing as a bridge between art and craft by applying her designs not only to paper, but many other surfaces, most noteably clothing.
.
"In my designs on both fabric and paper, I continue to be inspired by my love of sewing, music, vintage fashion and culture, and the low brow art movement. All of these combined have brought me great pleasure in allowing people to express themselves through what they wear and carry my art on their sleeves. "
.
Join us on First Friday March 5th for the opening reception, from 6-9pm.
This exhibit will run from March 2nd to 27th.

No comments: